While watching Bridgerton Season 2, I noticed a plethora of references which were made about tea. It is widely known that the British take tea time seriously, however, it was a nice contrast to be reminded by Kate that tea is experienced differently in India.
With all of the tea references made in this series, I took it upon myself to re-visit the show and jot down some of the quotes which stood out about tea.
1.“I EVEN TAUGHT HER TO MAKE THIS PITIFUL EXCUSE FOR TEA THE ENGLISH SO ADORE”
2. “JOINING US FOR TEA, ANTHONY?”
3. “WOULD YOU LIKE SOME TEA?”
4. “YOUR TEA GROWS COLD.”
5. “KATE, YOU MIGHT FIND THAT TEA?”
6. “IT IS NOT TEA THAT I WANT”
7. “3 TEASPOONS OF SUGAR, AND PERHAPS SOME SANDWICHES, PLEASE? THANK YOU.”
-THE VISCOUNT’S BUTLER
Sources: Julia Quinn, Netflix, Lee Daniel, et al.